RSLinx/Excel softlink with C++

mrhinkle

I have previously collected data from RSLinx through Excel using "soft links." This worked perfectly for what I needed. At the time I also tried using hard links but they were way too slow to update -- I need to read approx 30 sensors every half second.

I now need to collect the same data at the same rate using my own C++/MFC application.

So... here's my question: What do I need to do to get the data from RSLinx into my application? Do I need the RSLinx SDK? Will the DDE support in MFC be sufficient? How do Excel soft links work - are they over DDE or are they OPC?

All help is appreciated.

Mark

Similar Topics

Hi, I'm brand new to the forum and spent some time looking around but could not find an answer to my question. I'm using an excel spreadsheet to...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am trying to help a coworker get access to a company dashboard. It runs on my computer and I have set up similar dashboards myself, so...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I know it is possibile to access data from a PLC directly to excel using a OPC link through RSLinx...
Replies
Views
I use dde/OPC to read tag vaule in excel file its working ok when rslinx running NOT as service but when I run rslinx as service I got an error at...
Replies
Views
Sorry if this is off topic, but this is more of a VBA question. I have some data that needs to be collected weekly. I have an excel sheet so that...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom