RSLinx on VMWare

I always Bridge the adapter so the VM gets its own address. That being said I see no reason for NAT not to work.
Can you ping the 1756-E2N from a cmd prompt?

Thanks for the tip. I bridged the adapter, and was able to specify the IP address, and it worked.

It turns out that my NAT adapter was being used by my wireless connection, and I didn't notice. But now its working thanks to bridging.

Cheers,

$

Can you guys give an example of how bridging will work?

I've just got a new laptop with a Win7 64bit host and I'm running all my programming software in Windows XP with VMware workstation.

I was having issues connecting directly to a Panelview Plus last week.

Panelview address is 192.168.5.207

I set my host IP to 192.168.5.248

If I use bridged mode, should I set my VM to "Obtain IP Automatically" or should I give it another static IP, ie. 192.168.5.249?

It worked when I used NAT mode with VM set to obtain IP automatically (it got an address of 192.168.62.xx but was still able to ping the Panelview) but it wasn't able to browse in RSLinx. Could only ping devices directly.

Any ideas on the best setup to use?

All my rockwell stuff is in a vm only. I use the 1784-U2DHP daily and have no issues with usb.

On ethernet I do use bridging as I have seen NAT act stupid a few times.

BTW I am speaking from a vmware 7.x prospective if you mean vm ware desktop. V8 sux so far.

If you are using Ethernet/IP and a NAT adapter, you need to set-up the driver to browse a remote subnet. If that does not work, try using a bridged connection with a local subnet. Finally, try a Ethernet Devices driver, (Not Ethernet/IP) and statically set the IP address of the intended target.