RsLinx USB driver failure

wknoxfarms

All,

When trying to connect to a PVP7 the usb cable driver fails to install. Windows says it cannot find the correct driver. Is there a place where i can manually download and install the driver? I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

Specs:
Windows 7 professional 64 bit
Factory Talk View V8.2
RsLinx Classic V3.8
RsLinx Enterprise V5.8

I just had the same issue and I traced it to the incorrect driver: for some reason 32-bit driver got installed and it needs to be 64 bit.
You need to uninstall device and check "remove driver"

Then you need to install 64 bit driver from the RSLinx folder KN64Bit_1.4.14 (or similar)

Similar Topics

Hello all. My rslinx freezes for several minutes each time a USB device is browsed. I thought I was freezing indefinitely, but disabling...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Dose any one know if it is possible to set a communications from a Logix5573 to Factory Talk View Site edition over the USB connection...
Replies
Views
I can't get the generic USB driver to install for connection to one of the newer compact logix processors with the USB port. Windows always says...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have to connect to an old PLC firmware (V13 of Flexlogix). This requires a Hyper-V (Microsoft owned) Windows XP Virtual Machine...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm trying to connect to a CompactLogix controller in RSLinx inside a VM. When I connect to the controller, I can see the USB symbol pop...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom