RSlinx - Winview timeouts

mkekkonen

My layout consists of a PLC 5/40 being polled by a PC with a PKTXD card and the on-board RSLinx Gateway sharing to two other nodes via Ethernet - 1 is another RSView32 HMI and the other is an older Winview package which is running RSLinx 2.57 (It was running Linx earlier today). All of these machines are on Windows XP. On the Winview machine, I am periodically getting a 'Communications Error' which I suspect is from a timeout.
The original communications layout consisted of the two remote nodes using KF2s running at 19.2 kb/s and the main machine running at 57.6 kb/s on a PKTX card. These timeouts were first noticed on the Winview machine after the second RSView32 machine was switched from the KF2 to the RSLinx Gateway on the main RSView32 HMI (the one with the KT card). I am looking to find a way to optimize communications parameters for the 3 HMIs to eliminate the communications timeout errors on the Winview HMI.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.