RSLogix 500 Micro

CXrs01

The company I work for recently acquired several machines using SLC 500 with SLC5/03 (1747-l532 ser E Rev 8) processor running 1747-OS302 Ser C FRN 8 software. I only have RSLogix 500 Micro software. I am able to connect to the unit but when I try to upload the program, I get a "processor not supported' error. The company is a small company and I had to buy my own software. What would be the least expensive version of RSLogix 500 that would support this processor? I would also need it to support MicroLogix 1200 and 1400 PLCs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I copied the information below from my website on my 1400 trainers that we sell... but it should answer your question as the free version you have only supports MicroLogix 1000 and 1100's

(This trainer does NOT include the software RSLogix 500 full version)) you will need to contact your local Rockwell Sales office . The part number you need is 9324-RLM0100ENE programming software for all Micrologix and cost around $150.00 Click on this link for more information on the software ((Click Here)) There are also other versions that they offer... RSLogix Pro, Starter and Developer (9324-RLM0800ENE) these can all be purchased from your local distributor.

The standard version, 9324-RL0300ENE RSLogix500 is crazy expensive now. A customer only has two SLC5/05 in their facility and they just bought the software to support those. Cost was $3,641.65 Yikes!!!

I didn't notice any subscriptions for that software.

The Pro Version, 9324-RL0700NXENE is $7,620.00 Double Yikes!!!

Yep, I guess they want you to get away from that platform.

Last edited:
The standard version, 9324-RL0300ENE RSLogix500 is crazy expensive now. A customer only has two SLC5/05 in their facility and they just bought the software to support those. Cost was $3,641.65 Yikes!!!

I didn't notice any subscriptions for that software.

The Pro Version, 9324-RL0700NXENE is $7,620.00 Double Yikes!!!

Yep, I guess they want you to get away from that platform.

It's too bad that OP needs to program SLCs, we just bought Micro Developer a couple months ago for $700CAD, but obviously it can't do SLCs. $3600USD for legacy software is highway robbery.

If we knew more about the 5/03 systems, might be able to help migrate where software isn't so expensive as well as spare parts.

If we knew more about the 5/03 systems, might be able to help migrate where software isn't so expensive as well as spare parts.
I always inform my customers that they should replace it with a CompactLogix system then they won't have to worry about trying to stay ahead of the discontinue dates, at least for now.

I always inform my customers that they should replace it with a CompactLogix system then they won't have to worry about trying to stay ahead of the discontinue dates, at least for now.

I do that as well, but usually falls on deaf ears.

In my case, I have all the software and have been supporting this particular customer for 11 years now. Maintenance management changed hands 4 times in the past 18 or so months. 1st guy was there since 2004, downsized due to Covid. Next was bubba from the floor in management, that didn't last long. Then another guy, found out what he was in for, retired early last Friday. New guy in now that was an electrician on a nuclear sub. He might be more open to an upgrade, but we will see, let him get his feet wet first.

It's quite easy to upgrade these systems, and they will work much better. Just have to wait and see is all.

To summarize, the RSLogix Micro software was designed to only work with the low-cost MicroLogix family. Today that is mainly the MicroLogix 1100 or 1400. There used to be other MicroLogix controllers that have since been discontinued.

For the rest of the SLC 500 product line (MicroLogix is part of the larger SLC 500 product line), they must use the RSLogix 500 software. This software can be used with any member of the SLC 500 family including the MicroLogix controllers. RSLogix 500 Standard Edition is what you would need.

Because newer products are effectively replacing the older SLC 500 controllers, the costs for these have risen. Both for the hardware and software. So yes, you might get sticker shock when you see the pricing. Reach out to your local Rockwell distributor and they can get a quote for you. If you have a purchased version of RSLogix Micro (there is also a free version) then they should be able to offer an upgrade price from Micro to Standard.

That purchase should be added to the cost of acquiring the machines.

Good luck!

OG

Last edited:
The FREE software stuff is ML1000 and ML1100. The one posted by GIT covers entire ML family and is about $165 for standard and in the $600 range for developer.

An ML1400 could replace quite a few SLC applications, and I have done several over the years.

Some people just toss big dollar hardware at applications that is not necessary. Hey, make extra money on markup!

I would love to sell high dollar hardware and get the markup for it, but that's not being HONEST!

I should have stated that I have RSLogix 500 Micro Starter. I can access Micrologix 1200 and 1400. I am having trouble accessing SLC500 SLC5/03 Processor (1747-L532 SER E FRN 8). When accessing, I get processor not supported.

I have a machine that has the above processor that is showing errors and I have no software to read the error codes.

Thanks for your reply.

I should have stated that I have RSLogix 500 Micro Starter. I can access Micrologix 1200 and 1400. I am having trouble accessing SLC500 SLC5/03 Processor (1747-L532 SER E FRN 8). When accessing, I get processor not supported.

I have a machine that has the above processor that is showing errors and I have no software to read the error codes.

Thanks for your reply.

It's simply because the version of software you have does not support the 5/03.

I would contact your local A-B rep and see if they can help. Sometimes you can get a 30 day trial or maybe they loan it to you on the 7 day grace period.

Other thing is contact a local controls company and hire them to assist.

Without the proper software, nothing you can do.

Thanks to everyone for the information. I will refer this to the boss to make the decision as what to do.

I am relatively new to PLCs and have a lot to learn. I guess I will get my education from the school of hard knocks.