RsLogix 5000 BIT compare help needed.

bawlenger

Hey there,

I'm trying to compare the amount of counts in any 5 minute period.

What I'm doing so far is when each count is made true, a binary 1 is moved into a DINT array with a BSL command. If the count is not true then a 0 is moved into the array with the BSL.

Then, I'm using a MVM mask to only output the 5 least significant bits of that array into a final DINT array.

I would like to compare the final DINT array to see if there is 3 counts in the 5 minute period (though not specifically next to each other).

Is there a way to 'count' the amount of true bits in an array?

Sweet. That was my initial solution but I figured there was a far more elegant one haha.
Good to know I’m on the right track.

Thanks

If you're using bit shifts, you can usually count the ones in and out of the array. That's how I've done it with bit shifts over a much larger sample size.