RSlogix 5000 tag exporting help

DanYost

We are currently in the testing phase with our Tag based driver for CLX PLCs. One of our reps is testing it with a Control Logix that has a DeviceNET card installed. When the tags are exported the data type for them is 'AB:1756_DNB_500Bytes:I:0'. For our automatic importer to work, we need to see BOOL, INT, DINT, etc. for the data type. When I expand these tags in Logix, I can see that there are underlying BOOLs and a DINT array.

My question is, is there any way to export the expanded view of these tags? This would avoid our customers having to create the tags by hand in Crimson 2 or tweaking the CSV file before importing it.

Thank you,

This is a problem not restricted to DeviceNet. RSLogix5K creates custom data types for all I/O tags. I'm not sure how to "explode" these into their base components for exporting...but I'll play with it a bit.

$

According to AB tech people, there is currently no way to break out custom data types into the base components when exporting to a CSV file. However, Rockwell is working on adding that functionality to future releases.

$

Thank you for that. I noticed there is an option to expand the structures for printing purposes, but then there is no Print to File option, which may have been useful.

Regards,

Yeah, there is a nice "Generate Report" feature, but you can only print it to an image file, you can't send it to any other format. Kinda stinks, but I think for now we're just stuck doing it the hard way.

$