RsLogix Studio and Factory Talk View Studio.

HoldenC

I am preparing for a quote for some AB software, and I had a few questions that couldnt be answered by my rep.

What would be the difference (if any) between getting a subscription based version of RSLogix Studio vs a normal paid in full version ?

Also, does Factory Talk View Studio (Machine Edition) have to be bought version specific, or will one copy program different versions ?

I agree. Your rep needs to be able to answer these questions.

To my knowledge, there is no difference in the actual software between purchasing vs subscription. We used to have a few paid versions and then switched to an OEM toolkit around 7 or 8 years ago which is similar to the subscriptions they have now in that we have to renew the licenses every year.

For FTV ME, a given version can create runtimes for itself and all previous versions.