RSLogix Upload/Download Required

Drew Ethridge

Lifetime Supporting Member
I can't go online with a program that is "identical" to what is running on the processor.

I attempted to go online with a processor today with what I thought was the running program. However, when I tried I got the "Upload/Download" window asking me to do one or the other. I figured I must not have the right program so I uploaded from the processor.

When I got back to the office I ran the Compare Tool. The only differences that come up are the serial number, the comm path, data values, and IO values. There are not any logic differences.

Would having a different serial number prevent me from going online without a download?

Would having a different serial number prevent me from going online without a download?

Yes if the project configuration is set to "Match Project to Controller".

It's on the "Advanced" tab of the Controller Properties.

if you are using version 21 and greater and under the Project tab if the Store comments in PLC is checked you will get up/down load message if comments were changed offline or if someone else changed them online.

if you are using version 21 and greater and under the Project tab if the Store comments in PLC is checked you will get up/down load message if comments were changed offline or if someone else changed them online.

So you don't know whether it is comments or code that is flagging the mismatch ???