RSLogix v15 unable to see module properties

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
This is a file from a customer PLC. I believe my partner copied it from their SCADA computer and then went online with it using his laptop. That is when the weirdness began. When first opened, we could not see any of the logic and double clicking on any of the files or modules does nothing. Right clicking anywhere only shows "Hide" which hides the whole controller organizer. The only way to see the ladder logic is to use the main menu "Search" > "Browse Logic" option and then after drilling down to an actual rung the logic pane will appear. Double clicking any other spot in the controller organizer even after the logic pane appears does nothing.

I stayed up late watching the Packers and now I am suffering from the Chinese Disease known as Dragon A$$, but what I have tried so far is exporting as L5k and reimporting, resetting the Toolbars, and starting the software with SHIFT + CTRL. No change.

I can get to the Controller Properties but only from the Edit menu.

I'd like to see the properties of the other modules and have a normal acting file.

This is going to be something dumb and it seems like I have seen this before, but I don't know and my google fu is puny today. All advice appreciated.

RSLogix5000Weirdness.png

Haven't seen that myself. If you can send it to me, I'll see if I can open it.

Edit: I have seen similar issues opening module properties after using the hacky method of editing the L5K to downgrade the version. Haven't seen it for a routine though.

Thanks for the help Dustin.

I just reopened it and it works fine now. All the right click menus are available. I haven't even rebooted this PC since yesterday. I dunno.

:confused: