Rslogix5000 download to powerflex

stu

Hi guys
I have been told that there is a section in rslogix 5000
That you can set up if you have a drive fail and you change it for a new one it will automatically download the settings to the drive. Does any one know how to do this?? Step by step would help thanks stu

All good info, but I think intially you have to setup the ADR using RSNetworx.

Yes, the drive configuration is saved in the .ACD, but to get it to automatically download and configure a new drive, it needs ADR setup.

ADR vs. Premier Integration

I'll try to be brief.

There's often some confusion about the differing functionality of Auto-Device Reconfiguration (ADR) with DeviceNet, and the RSLogix 5000 v16 and later "Premier Integration" with ControlNet and EtherNet/IP.

DeviceNet ADR stores all the parameters from a slave device in the DeviceNet scanner itself, and when a device with a different parameter checksum is connected, the scanner downloads the saved parameters to it. There's also a limited Automatic Address Recovery feature that can set the Node number of a device if only one of its type is missing, and one set to Node 63 is connected to the network. ADR can be used with simple devices (motor starters, prox switches, etc) or with more sophisticated things like AC drives.

Premier Integration is a feature that connects RSLogix 5000 software, Drive Explorer software, and the ControlLogix controller.

In v16 and later, DriveExplorer is integrated into RSLogix 5000, so you can launch an embedded window of the DriveExplorer parameter editor (and other features like the startup wizard) from within RSLogix 5000 to configure and monitor the drive. The I/O profile for PowerFlex drives on ControlNet and EtherNet/IP includes automatic creation of a drive-specific UDT that has named DataLinks, and automatically configures the DataLink parameter pointers and DPI configuration parameters to match. The DriveExplorer files are stored and managed inside RSLogix 5000.

The non-default parameters for the drive are saved inside the ControlLogix CPU, and RSLogix 5000 can use its embedded DriveExplorer instance in conjunction with these parameters to download a stored configuration into a replacement drive.

This function is not automatic; it requires a user to go online with RSLogix 5000 and command the download.

Controller-triggered drive configuration might be a future feature, but today the reconfiguration of drives connected using the Premier Integration feature in RSLogix 5000 requires user action.