RSNetworx and 1769-SDN DeviceNet module

RSNetworx is required to configure the 1769-SDN Scanlist.

I'm glad you have it properly browsing the network !

Yes, as Ken says, you will need RSNetWorx working correctly to edit the scanlist.

As you can see, RSLinx Classic v3.51 can display your devices correctly because the EDS files for the devices are registered to the new Database, which RSLinx can access.

Once RSLinx Classic v2.59 is installed RSNetWorx should work ok again. As of yet, I have no experience with removing the newer EDS Subsystem to revert to older versions of RSLinx, I just know how to do it in case I ever have to. That's why I recommend you backup your RSCommon folder before you delete or remove it, just in case.

Good luck!
George

Thanks George, one more question, actually I was not able to activate the RSNetWorx properly (I use a dongle, I got activation file online and copied it to PC Activation folder and dongle, no success yet) so it is running in grace period, I think this shouldn't cause the issue, am I correct?

Regards

Actually at the bottom of the RSNetWorx window there is a warning says "The Network Health Monitor has not been successfully activated... blah blah grace period blah blah... I do no why this message appears.

Success !! (y)

I installed the patch George said, and it works.

Now RSNetWorx can browse 1769-SDN and BNI DNT-302-000-Z005 module.

Thanks again George and Ken for the help, I appreciate it.:geek:

100.jpg

And now my big question, is there any step by step instruction how to configure and setup the 1769-SDN and BNI DNT IO module to have digital inputs and output of the IO block?

I don't know those I/O modules but I'm willing to have a look.

Try just dragging the I/O module over the 1769-SDN icon. I think that adds it to the Scanlist and configures a default Polled I/O connection and auto-mapping !

There are really three steps:

1. Add the I/O module to the Scanlist.
2. Configure the type of connection (Polled, Strobed, Cyclic) and the amount of Produced and Consumed Data.
3. Map that data to the controller memory for the 1769-SDN.

The EDS file should tell RSNetworx the default connection type and default amount of Produced and Consumed Data.

It's been a long time since I taught DeviceNet classes, but I used to be one of the best. I can explain this all with a screen in front of me but I'm less good at typing it out late at night.

So let's start by dragging and dropping the slave I/O module onto the scanner and see what shows up in the scanner applet.

And you can ignore the error message about the Network Health Monitor. That's a separate RSNetworx related tool that has a separate activation. It used to be called RSNetworx MD, for "Maintenance and Diagnostics", and I've never seen it in use except in automotive powertrain assembly.

The message will go away after the Grace Period expires.

MJSE said:
...I was not able to activate the RSNetWorx properly (I use a dongle, I got activation file online and copied it to PC Activation folder and dongle, no success yet) so it is running in grace period...

You might not be too bothered now, but just to clear up the Activation issue. You should be using FactoryTalk Activation Manager to activate the license file that you have placed in the license folder. The license file you downloaded, I assume, was hosted to your dongle's hardware ID address before the download. You can look at the license Server in FactoryTalk Activation Manager to check what license files are available and what IDs they are hosted to.

The linked PDF below contains some details on the setup for BNI DNT I/O modules using RSNetWorx. Read Chapter 7 - Commissioning. Some of the procedures to follow in RSNetWorx are included with some illustrations to help you. If you don't need to edit the modules default parameters in any way, then it should be pretty straight forward.

The required Attribute, Class and Assembly Instances, etc. are all listed as well so you can setup the PLC side of things.

http://www.balluff.com/media/895063_1402_EN.pdf

Any further problems, one of us will surely assist you.

Regards,
George

Hi

I configure the device net and downloaded to the controller, in RSLogix5000 under 1769 Bus I can see the 1769-SDN scanner but not BNI DNT-302-000-Z005 module, is that fine or I should see it as well? no + sign beside 1769-SDN in RSLogix5000.

Regards

Untitled.png