RsNetworx Problem

minaykha

Can anyone help me?

I got a problem in registering devices on RSNetworx for deviceNet (Revision 10.01).

Pls refer to my attachment pictures.

1. pix 1, i download EDS file for rockwell website and used EDS wizard to register it.

2. pix 2, there is an error in EDS file installation Test Results ( I not sure what is this error ).

3. pix 3, EDS file registration was successful but the device is not registered on my PC.

Pls help!

Pix1.jpg Pix2.jpg Pix3.JPG

Hi

Have you upgraded to ver 20 or ver 21 of logix lately
If you have then best to upgrade network to verv20
I have trouble when I upgrade to ver 20 and 21 has changed
How eds files are handled

Donnchadh

Hi Widelto/Donnchadh,

Rslogix5000(V20),Rslinx(V2.59)and FTview(V7)are installed on my PC,before i install RSNetworx for deviceNet.

Recently, i installed RSNetworx for Devicenet(V10) and configure the new system.Then i found this issue.

Actually, one of my VMware player running fine with same software and version.Only the difference is VMware using FTview version6.

I think, something wrong with my PC.

It's not your PC that's at fault. Rockwell have change how the eds files are handled with the latest versions of software so you'll need to install RS Networx for devicenet V21.
There's alot of info on Rockwell's knowledge base about this problem, check out article 530781.