RSView 7.5 with RSLinx 2.55 and XP SP3

jkerekes,

You are correct, it does.
After talking with our rep, he said that there was still issues. We installed SP3 on a second pc and had the same problems - the comms locked up or the pc locked up.
Removed SP3 on that pc and it did the same thing.
installed windows from scratch with only SP2, problem went away.

All i know is, each time the pc or comms locked up, we had 3 hours downtime. 50 hours downtime + lost production in only 6 months.

The pc with SP2 has had only 6 hours downtime since installation and that was due to brownouts. the pc has a ups
on it.

regards,
james

Again thank you for the responses. Having been at the clients today it seems to have been a combination of 2 things. These irq conflicts on the motherboard and yes SP3. Installed with SP2 and our problems disappeared. There was a sluggishness on the task manager when review was running. Hadn't noticed this before as didn't open task manager. So although they say 7.5 is sp3 coompatible i have to disagree. Now running on 6.4 with an old version of rslinx which is running in classic oem instead of gateway. Good job I backed the project up before upgrading to 7.5. Lesson learnt for everyone here, stick to good old 6.4 and avoid sp3. Many thanks all of yo, Richard