rsview+ rslinx lite +rs logix emlate+rs logix microstarter

RSView32 doesn't work with RSLinx Lite. You need a higher level of Linx. I have only use RSLinx Gateway with my toolkit so I don't know all the different levels, sorry.

Hope this helps

Since this looks like a student project, you might only need to get it working for a few days.

The first thing I would do is attempt to install RSLinx Classic 2.58 onto a fresh computer (preferably a Virtual Machine) so that it goes into "Grace Mode" as RSLinx Classic Gateway and will serve local and remote OPC Clients.

The other thing you could try is to use a "virtual COM port mirror" to connect an RSView32 Direct Driver node to the RSEmulate 500 emulated controller's serial port.

Do you have the ability to install RSLinx Classic onto a fresh computer, or to attempt to use a COM Port Mirror utility ?