RSView32 7.30 Activation Trouble

gsocs

Was called into an emergency situation where a Windows XP "server" for a facility died. The computer's motherboard was dead and the hard drive had some corruption.

I was able to convert the old Windows XP system over to a virtual machine and perform a Windows XP repair to get the system back up and running after repairing filesystem corruption.

Everything was looking good until I ran RSView32 7.30.00 (CPR 7) and it informed me that it's running with a 2 Hour Demo and that the "database conversion failed" since "This database contains 1206 Device tags, which exceeds the maximum supported by your software (35)."

I opened the red envelope with activation info, tried to go to their website:
https://licensing.software.rockwell.com/ and https://licensing2.software.rockwell.com/

But both of these no longer appear to function...

I have the Serial Number, Revision, Product Key and the License Type is Node-Locked for both RSView32 Runtime 1500 and RSLinx Professional, but I don't know what to do now in order to reactivate this on this converted system.

It appears that since the system changed from a physical machine to a virtual that Rockwell's software detected the change and so I need to figure out my options in order to get it reactivated.

Any ideas about what do I can do at this point?

I don't know Rockwells hours of operation for online/chat activation support but I "think" it's free.
Also, I'll assume you have to create/have an account on their website to use this.

Do you have the original.lic file?

If so is it MAC address or hard drive serial number locked? If it’s hard drive locked you can change your hard drive serial to match the .lic file.

SOLVED: The trick was to look at the files at
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Rockwell Automation\Activations\

And since this was using the MAC address for activation binding, to insert those into the virtual machine address field. After that RSView32 and RSLinx worked again.

I’d be interested to know how to do that.

Sysinternals has a program called volumeid that you can use there are lots of other tools too. If your using VMware you can do the same with their software. This should only be used during disaster recovery, Rockwell activation support is free and can help you rehost with the correct information when changing a hard drive or NIC or MOBO.

Good to know. Rockwell wanted to charge $500 for a 24 hour ticket, so someone had their wires crossed so I had to seek other options. Hopefully this thread can help others if an activation is bound to MAC or HD serial.

Good to know. Rockwell wanted to charge $500 for a 24 hour ticket, so someone had their wires crossed so I had to seek other options. Hopefully this thread can help others if an activation is bound to MAC or HD serial.

Yea, I think the free activation support is M-F 9-5.