RSView32 questions.

I consider a rendered image used statically in an HMI to be "2D", even if it has a "3D look" or was generated from a 3D model - like how a photograph is 2D.

Yes, I was referring to 3D animation - and also the practice of spending too much time creating fancy graphics compared to making the application work. I personally like the technique of using a 3D image as a background, then overlaying dynamic text and images.

It is a lot of work to create those rendered scenes, though. 3D Studio Max and Ray Dream Studios are a couple of the major players in that area.

OkiePC said:
I disagree about 3D graphics not being better sources of information.

Did you mean 3D animation? Tha would be overboard in most cases.

The software that created those perfect pipes with an iso view is far superior to a flat top view.

There are a number of programs that could create that. You need a modeling program, and screen capture to get them into RSView.

Then, you can overlay them with text, message displays, RSView graphics, buttons...whatever you want.

Google for 3d modeling software demo.

Last edited:
I agree both ways. I have newb questions about RSview cause im an Intouch guy and the HMI's ive created have not had 3d graphics because of time constraints. I have a little more time now and would like to make something i feel proud of. The library graphics looks like they were made in 1970 hah. On that note, anyone know howto size graphics manually (with keyboard) in rsview?