A few questions on RSView32 and RSViewME

nqn827

I'd like to know if there is anyway to convert the graphic files (*.gfx) from RSViewME to RSView32 formats? Also, could anyone tell me the "real life" advantage and/or disadvantage of using RSView32 or RSViewME? TIA

RSView 32 is more mature, has many more features, is far more user-friendly, and will run on virtually any PC hardware.

I don't know of any utility for converting the gfx files.

RSView ME and RSView 32 are two completely different products. Any advantage of one over the other would only apply in regard to the target project.

ME is (as implied by the name) the "Machine Edition" of the Rockwell View-Enterprise (SE/ME) line, and is intended to be a local HMI on a machine, similar to an older PanelView.

A comparison can be made between RSView SE, and RSView 32, as those are more full-featured high end SCADA/HMI offerrings.