RSView32 Snapshot creation with a command botton

gondarza

Hi everybody, I'm looking for help with something that didn't answer anybody in Rockwell Tech Support.

I'm creating a display in RSView32 v7.20 with a RSTrendX v3.43 (CPR7), in this display are a button that in it's release action run the next command:

Invoke Me.RSTrendX1.CreateSnapShot("C:\Test\Graph1.dbf");

This is for create a file with a snapshot of the data in the RSTrendX. This part work fine.

In another display is also another RSTrendX empty for recover the data recorded in the previous snapshot.
In this other display is another button that run the next release action:

Invoke Me.RSTrendX1.Overlays.Add("C:\Test\Graph1.dbf");

But running this last display and pressing the button to show the data recorded in the snapshot I only get this error message:

"RSTrendX1: One or more of the names were not known. The returned array of DISPIDs contains DISPID_UNKNOWN for each entry that correspond to an unknown name."

And nothing loads or is displayed in the RSTrendX, it remains empty.

Anyone may known what I'm doing wrong or if what I'm want to do is possible in another way.

I also tried to create an UserForm in the VBA of the RSView32 and put the same in this, a RSTrendX object empty and a Command Button with the next code:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
UserForm1.RSTrendX1.Overlays.Add("C:\Test\Graph1.dbf")
UserForm1.RSTrendX1.Overlays.Item(1).Visible = True
End Sub

Running this UserForm and pressing the command button in it, the RSTrendX loads the data in the snapshot recorded but nothing apears in the Trend, any line from this data.

Somebody has a suggestion on what's that I'm missing to get what is expected.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gerardo A. Ondarza
[email protected]
Project Engineer
AXELL, Monterrey, Mexico

Do you have your VBA and can you post it here?

We also invoke the the 'VBA Project Set Path' from a startup macro...

As I said if you post your VBA you may get more help, it just sounds like you are missing something in you settings

Mark

Here are the project files if somebody are interested in look at.

To properly open please use the following:
RSView32 v7.20 (CPR7)
RSTrendX v3.43 (CPR7)
DDE Test Animator

Thanks for the help.

Here are an update to the project file.

In this version of the project the file name of the snapshot is get from a string input box.
The snapshot data recorded in screen 1 can now be read and be displayed in the User Form opened from Screen 2.

What I'm trying to do now is that the TrendX in Screen 2 works like the TrendX in the User Form in VBA.

Any suggestions, Thanks.