RTD to analog input card

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. Is it possible to run an RTD to an Compactlogix Analog input module, without any sort of a signal conditioner or anything like that? Thanks

Hello all. Is it possible to run an RTD to an Compactlogix Analog input module, without any sort of a signal conditioner or anything like that? Thanks

Likely not with any kind of accuracy. You could make it into a current source, by adding a few external resistors, but that would be a bunch of work.

No, you will need to add a transmitter to convert the RTD signal to a 4-20ma or 0-10v output.

There are lots of transmitters out there that are pretty cheap. That is going to be way cheaper than adding a RTD Card to the PLC.

Similar Topics

Good Morning , I have a RTD , that I would like to wire into a 1756-IF8 Analog Input Card. Would you all a simple wiring diagram , of what...
Replies
Views
hi . we are using beckhoff decentralised I/O module on profibus , which has its different analog cards for RTD , current and Voltage input. i need...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to use a 3 wire RTD with a Siemens Analog input card without having to linearize the signal prior to the module? The card can be...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon , It seems like we always have problems with using Type J Thermocouples with our slip rings . Would using a RTD at 10...
Replies
Views
We are running a power flex 70 connected to a Delta V and I cannot get the drive to start because I am getting a STOP ASSERTD message on my HMI. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom