Rumor about PLCs.net expansion - Is it true?

I think it's a great idea Phil. It will definitly help a beginner like me. I can't wait to see it on November 7th.

P.S. Keep up the great work on the site, this site has already helped me more then i know.

Great idea Phil. I'll certainly check it out.

I've learned more about PLC's here than anywhere else on the net.

thanks a 11110100001001000000
Tom

Thanks Phil,

It looks to be a A-B style ladder simulator akin to LogixPro?
Having no experience with A-B I have just downloaded the trial version of LogixPro and have been able to struggle through a little. With your simulator and this bunch of yahoos to help out you are definately going to be experiencing a huge increase in traffic on your site.

You da Man Phil!

SUPERB addition to the already amazing site, that has provided many of us with the fountain of all knowledge! (in other words it got my as* out of the sh*t all too often)

Thanks for the great work Phil, can't wait for your next idea, that should be something to see!

QUICK!! Someone write a compiler that will create code for ANY PLC from this online ladder sim!!

Sell it, and give 10% to Phil.

Awesome stuff Phil

Rod(hope I can on this site the 7th)

Phil,

Don't waste too much of your own time writing demo code. Put out an APB once you get the simulator online. I'm sure some of us can find the time to write the code.

AK

Rod said:
QUICK!! Someone write a compiler that will create code for ANY PLC from this online ladder sim!!
Bob (testsubject) is working on this right now as we speak. Right, Bob? I didn't think so... :rolleyes:

🍻

-Eric

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the kind words.

To answer some of the questions:

• A sequencer function is not initially included. It can be included in revision 2.
  • A sound/motion help section is easier to create than a motion with text caption help section. My informal survey (I should have asked Casey to do it (y) ) showed the vast majority had sound available. So, initially we'll go that way. If there are enough requests after the release to go to a caption with motion help section... then we'll add that option too.
  • PID is also not included. Doubt it will be... until someone comes up with a good idea to show it working. The program is basically an editor AND emulator(to translate that... you create a program and then watch the same program run.) You can switch on/off inputs and watch the outputs turn on/off. You can also work with memory locations and monitor them.
  • Analog works with the memory, so we can pretend it's working by putting some value in a register and watching the program change based on that value. Bad answer, I know.
    Better yet, a rotateable dial or something acting as a voltage/current input and automatically changing the specific analog register would be cool. Good idea for rev 2.
  • It's 'purposely' not based on A-B, AD, XYZ, etc. It's a hybrid. If you can program one, you can program 99% of them all. (just my opinion, of course).
  • It's not like LogixPro. That program let's you create a program and watch a machine/process run. This one just lets you create a program and watch IT run. I HIGHLY recommend everyone to buy Professor Bill's LogixPro . It's a bargain and could sell for 10 times the cost it does.
  • The online simulator will run on a different server. We'll have plcs.net , plctalk.net , and 'find out on nov 7'. Going to www.plcs.net will always get you to the right place though :D.
Enjoy,

Eric Nelson said:
Bob (testsubject) is working on this right now as we speak. Right, Bob? I didn't think so...

Gee, I thought Bob went back to scholl and hadn't been heard from since.

Is it the Studying?

Or some terrific keggers?

When I was at the "JC" today, I was SOOOO distracted...

Wish I was 10 years younger.

Err, 20 years...

Err, 25 years...

Err, nevermind!

Last edited:
Hi Phil,

What else can I say. Thankyou.

You have contributed tremendously to the PLC technicians/engineers around the world. The simulator is something I have never dreamed off [and even "FREE"].

Thank You again:site: