Rx3i problem with CPE305 on GE PLC

I talked to tech support..
Of course...after all the information I sent them..... they asked for Serial Numbers and date codes on the CPUs.

The TS guy (who I think is very green and speaks terrible english...figures) thinks it is a bad batch of CPUs????
Date code on original CPU from US: 1535
Date code on replacement from Singapore: 1541
Looking at those date codes.... I don't think so.

The big problem here is also this is a quoted job, so my company is throwing away about $2000 a day while I wait.

Have you tried disconnecting the 'Energy Pack' and cycling power without it?

Also try a different slot for the CPE305 any should work except the first and last of the rack.

Tried all sorts of configurations...no luck.
Customer allowed me to shut down another piece of equipment I converted last year.
CPU works i this rack..
NOW Tech support says backplane.....found locally here and will test tomorrow.
Pretty confident this will fix problem...everything else has been tested.

The original backplane looks perfect, no bent or distorted pins. Really odd part to fail.

Last edited: