S5-135U program transfer problem

viikku

Hi,

I tried to backup program from PLC but all I got was couple of DB's and DX's. I used STEP5 and S5 for Windows, both showed the same blocks. Was I seeing only the memory card and how I get all blocks transferred to PC.

I had "B" in Block list of Transfer block(s) window. I tried also to browse the blocks by double clicking Block list and it showed me only a few blocks, DB's and DX's. Then I tried a back up from S5-100U, in same way with same "B" selector in Block list. It worked ok.
I also tried "S5 for windows" for this problematic CPU. It showed also only DB's and DX's.

Is it possible that CPU should be in STOP-mode when backing up?

The production line was currently at stand still and without operating current so it had none of the outputs on. I asked when was the line running last and it was hour ago, so I assumed there has to be working program in the memory.
The PLC card has a RAM card installed, no EEPROM, so I checked the system manual of s5-135u and if I understand correctly DB's and DX's locate on RAM. Only idea I have is that STEP5 showed me the blocks from RAM card.

Last edited:
What is the MLFB number of the CPU?

It could be that the program is hidden in some way. The DB's or DX's might be renamed OB's.

Could you post a print of the DB/DX'es?

Perhaps upload a zip of the s5d-code as well?

Kalle