S7 300 CPU-318 DP 2 PLC - Data transmission (Help required pls)

libbysen

Dear Friends,

I have a S7 300 (318-dp 2)P.L.C. I need to connect a touch panel TP 270 via wireless radio modem.

My problem is the transmission rate (ie) Buadrate of the P.L.C is 1.5 Mbps.

Transmission rate of the Radio modem is 115 Kbps.

My problem is I need to connect the P.L.C to the radio modem via RS 485 connection 2 wired. But I cannot reduce the buad rate of the P.L.C due to some technical conditions.

And the buad rate of the modem cannot be increased , because thats the maximum limit of it.

Could any one sugges me what to do for both to communicate , using any adaptors or any other procedure will do?

Please help.

with regards

Senthil

Qatar.

Dear Friends,

I have a S7 300 (318-dp 2)P.L.C. I need to connect a touch panel TP 270 via wireless radio modem.

My problem is the transmission rate (ie) Buadrate of the P.L.C is 1.5 Mbps.

Transmission rate of the Radio modem is 115 Kbps.

My problem is I need to connect the P.L.C to the radio modem via RS 485 connection 2 wired. But I cannot reduce the buad rate of the P.L.C due to some technical conditions.

And the buad rate of the modem cannot be increased , because thats the maximum limit of it.

Could any one sugges me what to do for both to communicate , using any adaptors or any other procedure will do?

Please help.

with regards

Senthil

Qatar.

Can you connect between the two using MPI interface (The left hand 9-pin port on the processor)? This is much slower than Profibus.