S7 communication question with VB

snydl0ga

I am connecting to an S7 318-2 with CP343-1. I have setup Write & Fetch connections and can communicate using the Parijat ActiveX control. My issue is that once I have connected to the port on the S7, I can not make any more connections.

I there a way to allow multiple connections or do I have to just add several Connections in the configuration and assign them different ports?

Lance

You will have to configure additional connections, as only one device can connect to a port. I'm not sure what the 318 can handle, but the 416 can handle up to 64 connections.

Similar Topics

I have been asked to design a control system of which will have 24 winder stations. Each winder station will have its own control system of wich...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I just started a new project but want to make sure I am heading to a correct direction before I am too far down the...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am just starting to learn how to communicate with HMI's (Total Control Quickpanel/Proface) and some guidance would be very helpful...
Replies
Views
Dear, I was reading something concerning OPC follows the data transmission between the PA(control system level) and the PLC will be based on OPC...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a PV plus (latest firmware) programmed using FactoryTalk View Studio 8. After downloading the runtime file, I am getting the following...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom