S7 - DP Addressing

Well it's nice to know that I wasn't imagining that!

It looks as though the situation only arises when you 've got multiple Masters on the Bus, since I've only got one master and 23 ET200Ms, Step7 didn't complain when I changed to adjacent addresses and everything is working fine.

Wow,
there was a tidbit of info that I didnt know about.

I take then, that it is only PC-based HMI's that have this restriction.
Paul is probably using panel HMI's, so maybe that can be the explanation why he doesnt get the message.
But I am mystified as to why there should be a difference between a panel HMI and a PC HMI. They are both masters on the Profibus as far as I see it.

Similar Topics

I am very new to Modbus and the industry, so forgive me if I am missing something obvious. I have known Modbus register addresses coming from a...
Replies
Views
I have a system using Rx3I CRU320 redundant CPU with Proficy Machine Edition Software. In the hardware configuration of each CPU module, under...
Replies
Views
See the screenshot of EIP tag list. We are trying to read in a digital input that is hard-wired. It is shown here as I31.1. I believe we cannot...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have a Simatic SM374 (374-sxh01-0aa0) sim module. I am using TIA portal v.18. I can't find this module in my list of hardware devices...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a device with 68 words input. But one block on the Devicenet Scanner is only 61 words. I am trying to map this device to 2...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom