Simatic SM374 Addressing

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. I have a Simatic SM374 (374-sxh01-0aa0) sim module. I am using TIA portal v.18. I can't find this module in my list of hardware devices but read something on Siemens website that said I could select a module similar to it, which I did. My problem is, I can't find any documentation for this module and I don't know how to address it in my PLC program. If someone knows the whereabouts of a document for it, that would be cool. If not, does anyone know how I am to set up addressing for this in my project? Thank you

That simulator module can be any module depending on the rotary switch on the front

So any 16 input or 16 output or 8 in 8 out

Hopefully I made sense

In other words, it’s not in the catalog

That simulator module can be any module depending on the rotary switch on the front

So any 16 input or 16 output or 8 in 8 out

Hopefully I made sense

In other words, it’s not in the catalog

I have it installed okay what I don't know is how to create an image table for the I/O. How do I address each bit. I can't find any documentation for it.

If it’s a 16 point card with switch set to 16 input then pick any 16 point input card

Then for example you drag in a 24vdc 16 point card

Now your ib (bytes ) 0 and 1

The first input in the card (in my example) is
i0.0

Make a VAT table (watch table) and experiment

If it’s a 16 point card with switch set to 16 input then pick any 16 point input card

Then for example you drag in a 24vdc 16 point card

Now your ib (bytes ) 0 and 1

The first input in the card (in my example) is
i0.0

Make a VAT table (watch table) and experiment

Thank you. (y)

Huh, now I have a new problem, since reloading my TIA. I can't connect to my PLC. I don't even see MPI as an option anymore. It shows S7 USB but that isn't working.

I am still having problems getting my sim module to work. It tells me it can't be reached even though it is connected to the PLC. This is what I get.

Untitled.jpg

Yikes, I keep embarrassing myself even further. I didn't have it configured properly. Now that I do, it's working just fine. Where's the embarrassed emoji?????