S7 - Profibus - Danfoss VLT 5000

Hi Barkouly!

May I suggest you start a new thread?

This one has been dead a long time and is about Danfoss VLT not spx.

Best regards,

Michal_dk

Apart from creating a new thread because this issue is not the same as the orignal poster's issue, you say you're trying to simulate?

Communication with a drive cannot be simulated.
You need the actual PLC and Drive, with the actual connection between the 2 to get any communication between the 2 devices.
You do not need a motor connected to the drive, but it is essential that PLC and Drive exist and are physically connected.

As for the original issue:
I still find the Danfoss manuals a bit.....clunky.
It took me 4 re-read of the manual to discover that one line in small print at the bottom of a page saying that W#16#4000 is 100%.

Danfoss fc via S7 1500

hey members, am currently running danfoss fc 302 which is controlling my motor using S7-1500 via Profibus ,
I have managed to start forward, reverse, stop, but am not able to speed up and speed down using the FC profile CTW,MRV, any help please?

with Profidrive profile the CTW,MRF am not familiar with it.

any help forthcoming I will really appreciate

Hi Bosire!

Since you can start/stop the drive it would seem your communication is up and running.

If your Control Word (CTW) is e.g. QW256, then your reference (speed - MRV) will be in QW258. The value is from 0-100%, but using hex numbers from 0 - 4000 hex.

If you look in the parameters of the drive, Par. 16-01 will be the reference the drive is seeing. This is all reference values added, so if you have a reference on an analog input and a fieldbus input each at 50% the frive will run at 100%.
Par. 16-82 will show you what the drive gets from the PLC.

Best regards
Michal

Hi Michal

Many thanks for your feedback, I didn't know about those parameters..let me found out because initially I realized when the drive is running if I try to give it another reference value via PQW 258 let say from w#16#100 to w#16#500 it doesn't pick the value until I stop the drive and start it again for it to pick the new value..but as per your suggestion let me have a look on that. :rolleyes: