S7-v5.3 SP1 Symbol export/import?

SNK

I have an existing PLC with code in it that was sent from the OEM, I have gone online and uploaded the code, but obviously I don't have the symbolic list or Data-blocks.
The OEM will be sending the commented code with symbols and everything later, but for now......
Can I somehow merge the old-versions symbols into this newer code with an export/import function?

I have searched the forums with some interesting results.....but not quite what I want.

Hi SNK.

You can easily copy the entire symbol table from the OEMs project to the uploaded project.
But you will miss two things: The comments in the code and the symbols that are declared for the DB variables.

In stead of merging the two projects do this:
Use the compare functions with the OEMs offline project with the online project.
If there are any differences, and they are not too many, then simply replicate them in the offline project.
That said, if the OEM has sent you a recent backup, then there should not be any differences apart from possibly actual values in DBs.

Thanks guys.
They have gone home now, in Germany I guess it is 5:30.
In previous threads, it discusses that the entire project is stored on the EEPROM. Is this true, including symbols and such?
As I go online with the processor, I don't have the symbols.
Is it as simpe as just uploading from the Memory Card?