S7300 & Micromaster 420

Hello!
I,m new on this forum. I study electrical engineering and for my Licence project need to comunicate with MM420 via profibus. Is anyone who could give me little suport about how to drive the mm using ppo1. PLS

Hello cristian;
Many threads on this site have dealt with profibus comms with MM420s amd MM440s.
For example:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=67209
Starting at post 6 you should have most of what you need.
If not enough, do a Search for posts on Micromaster Profibus {look at the menu above this thread).
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

mY PROBLEM IS THAT THE MICROMASTER DOESN'T STARTS. WHAT I'VE MADE SO FAR IS ONLY TO READ& MODIFY PARAMETERS USING PPO1. THE PROBLEM IS THAT I CAN'T RUN THE INVRETER. WHAT I KNOW IS THAT I NEED TO SEND TO MM COMMANDS IN PZD1 AND PZD1 TO RUN THE INVERTER(CONTROL WORD1+ SPEED SETPOINT).IF YOU HAVE SOME TIME AND HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THIS DOMAIN I'D LIKE TO DISCUSS WITH YOU!
THANK YOU!

Hi (again) ionici.

Personally I gave up on manipulating the PPO and PZD adresses directly.
I found an example project complete with HMI screens that encapsulated the whole thing so you dont have to worry about the inner details.
It allowed to start and stop, and set the speed setpoint, but also to change parameters, and store the parameters in the PLC, to view any parameter, and provided a complete diagnostics.
I had to modify it slightly to allow for several VFDs, but it took me only 1 days work as far as I remember.
The major disadvantage is that all the texts are in german. (maybe a newer version has come with more languages).

Here is a link to the sample project:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/22318171

By the way, turn caps-lock off please.

Hello Cristian;

When you select PPO1 for your drive exchange format, you will be given input and ouput addresses in the Profibus configurator.
Say this address is 256; that means that PIW256/PQW256 is the start address of the PKW zone (4 words) which you will use to read/write parameter values; PIW264/PQW264 is the address of the Control word (PZD1)and PIW266/PQW266 is the address of the Speed Reference word (PZD2)for your drive.

Now try this:
In OB1 (or any called block) write the 3 following moves [adapt the addresses to the ones provided for your drive by the configurator]:

-MOV (hex)047E to PQW264
-MOV (hex)2000 to PQW266
-MOV (hex)047F to PQW264

Your drive should start, Counterclockwise, at 50% of the maximum parametrized speed.

The Control Word is construct of 16 bit values, each one has a specific meaning for the drive; using hex values simply combines the 16 bits into a single value. Starting the drive implies providing a rising edge on bit 0 of the Control Word (description od all bits in the control word is provided in the manual I suggested in my first post to you); writing (hex)447F will make the motor run Clockwise because bit 14 controls the rotation of the motor.

The speed is controlled by the value in PZD2:
-(hex)4000 represents 100% parametrized speed
-(hex)2000 represents 50% parametrized speed
-(hex)1000 represents 25% parametrized speed and so on.

Reading PIW264 and PIW 266 will allow you to see the Status bits and the Speed feedback of the drive.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Edit:
I just checked the link I had posted earlier on my reply, and it seems it was faulty. Sorry for the mistake. Here is a correct version:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=10631

Last edited:
What I try to do is to make an Data block with the following structure:
0.0 PKE REQUEST word
2.0 IND REQUEST word
4.0 PWE1 REQUEST word
6.0 PWE2 REQUEST word
8.0 PZD1 word
10.0 PZD2 word
12.0 PKE RESPONSE word
14.0 IND RESPONSE word
16.0 PWE1 RESPONSE word
18.0 PWE2 RESPONSE word

In the main program I've made the following calls:
CALL "DPWR_DAT"
LADDR :=W#16#110
RECORD :=P#DB11.DBX0.0 BYTE 8
RET_VAL:=MW8

CALL "DPRD_DAT"
LADDR :=W#16#116
RET_VAL:=MW10
RECORD :=P#DB11.DBX12.0 BYTE 8

In the HW config there are the following I/O adresses for PPO1:
DP ID DESIGNATION I adress Q adress
4AX 4PKW,2PZD 256..263 256..263
2AX -->4PKW,2PZD 264..267 264..267

The structure works only to read & write parameters.Cannot start the inverter by sending him the sugested words(first: get drive ready to run 047E(in pzd1) and then 047F(pzd1)+2000(pzd2)) Is possible that I don-t send to MM entire telegram(without pzd1&pzd2)? because I monitor the control words with Starter and there-s nothing there. When I send Pzd1+ pzd2 all the fields before those are 0

Hello cristian;

Have you tried my suggestions, directly, without SFC14/15? These are required only to read/write to the PKW zone (consistent values for parameter change/read).

The IO address selected match my example, you should have no problem if you use simple MOVE instructions. KISS is a very practical approach especially when starting out.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hello Daniel!
I'l trie your sugestion tomorrow. but the system that I work with is a Democase from siemens. And when I'll finish my project the commands for the MM will be sent from a Touch pannel 270 and it writes values in an data block. that is why I try this model.

If you have any ideea why my project doesn't work will be useful for me.
If you don't have time there's no problem.

Thank you for response!

Greetings from Romania!

Hello cristian;

Maybe I presumed fram my souvenirs, what the control word value had to be to start the drive. i used CB15/CP155 interface modules on my MM4s, and the val;ues I gave worked on those modules.
Here I downloaded a more recent manual for the MM4 Profibus, hope it is correct. Here is the structure of the Control Word:

MM420_CWord.jpg

Please validate the values required from the above table, or with Siemens support, as i have not used this particular interface before.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Edit: Look for this manual on Siemens' website, there are more informations on the Propibus exchanges that look important.
Look also at the following FAQ on MM4 Profibus comms:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/8894363
D.C.

Last edited:
"Personally I gave up on manipulating the PPO and PZD adresses directly"

JesperMP, I agree 100%. I couple of weeks ago I was working on someones program with Move 047E...etc for Stop...Start...Jog..Fault Reset...etc with oneshots. You can imagine the mess.
I always recommend a block with SFC14/15 and using the individual bits.
I had some samples in the download section but deleted them because no one looked there first before posting a question.