Safety relays/AS-interface

Designmen90

Hello everyone,
I have some problems with safety relays and AS-i. I need to draw project for my final exam, but I don't know how to use/wire them. I read a books with safety relays, but it's too hard to understand if you have never saw them in some examples. Does somebody have schematic examples where safety relays and/or AS-i is used. I will be so greatfull if somebody can help me and send some project example in my PM.
Thank you, guys.

Hello everyone,
I have some problems with safety relays and AS-i. I need to draw project for my final exam, but I don't know how to use/wire them. I read a books with safety relays, but it's too hard to understand if you have never saw them in some examples. Does somebody have schematic examples where safety relays and/or AS-i is used. I will be so greatfull if somebody can help me and send some project example in my PM.
Thank you, guys.

Most vendors I've seen include wiring examples in the manuals for their safety products.

MK42,
+1

as a programmer, you also need to be able to read and understand electrical schematics. many programmers (speaking for myself and others i know) do their own cad drawings for the electrical system.
james

I think you need to be a little more specific on the safety front, for example does it require AS-I safety or a system that incorporates AS-I and standard safety relay system. I have not actually done or worked on total AS-I safety but have worked on AS-I systems that use standard safety systems, there are a number of problems for example: how do you remove the potential (air or power) to a cylinder that is controlled by an AS-I I/O module. remove the air with a dump solenoid ? remove the AS-I power ? removing the power to an AS-I network will create lots of alarms for the AS-I nodes so this needs to be catered for, If it suggests a total AS-I system with safety then I suggest you do plenty of reading available on sites like AB, IFM, Pilz etc. they often have detailed information on both types of safety systems You definitely need to understand the operation not just take someone else's design as you will probably need to do a detailed explanation of the circuits.