SATO Printer String to Print 1D Barcode

TheStarr

Anyone know SATO printers?

I have a PLC program that outputs strings through a serial port to a SATO printer. (See "Printer Routine" and "tags")

The current tags output a label that with "B", "-128", and a 2D barcode with the data "@B".

I need to print a 1D barcode. Any idea what the string would be?

Note: the 2D designator is "BX0120141400000001".... I think. Can't find anything on the web and SATO won't respond.

Been there. They have an "Operator" manual, but nothing to do with programming. I think there must be a secret society of SATO programmers that are trying to corner the market! I can't get anywhere!

BTW, we have model S-8424, but I believe that the string interface is the same on most, if not all, SATO printers.

Thanks for the try.

Do a google search on
sato 9001073
I believe this is what you are looking for. It is for a different model, but should work.
George

PERFECT!!! I never thought of looking in the other model Operator manuals. I figured they would all look the same as the S8424 operator manual.

Who know that they would drop this information out of the newer documents?!?!

Thanks a million, your a life saver!

I have started adding this code from the Printer Rountine.pdf to my PLC.
When I got to line 2, I hit a problem. Can someone explain PRINTER_TXS[0].PRO_SEQ_NUMBER tag to me. I understand that PRINTER_TXS is a string with DIM 20 on array 1.
PRINTER_TXS[0] is the first string in the array but I dont understand how you get the .PRO_SEQ_NUMBER added to the PRINTER_TXS tag.