Saving actual values in DB-Blocks

mulderm

Hello,

I using Siemens Step 7 software.
When I open a DB-block in the data view and click on the
monitor button I can see the actual values.
When I close the monitor button the actual values are zero.
How can I save the actual values in the DB-block so I can
see later in offline the values?
And when I have many DB-blocks how can I save the actual values?

Greetings,

mulderm

Hi

You need to "upload" the datablocks.
From within Simatic Manager click the icon at the top that has the tooltip "online"
When your project opens online, select the datablock(s) you want and press CONTROL (CTRL) + C (or click edit and copy) and then CONTROL (CTRL) + V (or click edit and paste) into your Offline project.
Then you'll have copies of the datablocks

Hope that helps

:)

You wish save the actual values for what?

May be for analysing in Excel or MATLAB?

If yes, offline project is unuseful for that.

I have some methods for uploading data from DB to file (S5 and S7). But I can't share it right now because russian comments. Let me know if it is interesting for you and I will translate and share it here.