Scale data and simulated keyboard input

(8{)} ( .)

Lifetime Supporting Member
This is a case where technology is working against us.

My customer needs to directly insert weigh scale data into a form. The weigh scale returns the current weight when it receives a CR (carriage return) (RS-232.) In the past we'd used an RS-232 to PS2 interface; an inexpensive and not too sophisticated solution that worked flawlessly. Since newer computers/panels have USB keyboard inputs we have no logical way to get that information from the scale. An RS-232/USB device will not simulate a computer keyboard.

In older systems the customer would place the cursor on the weight entry text box on the screen and hit enter. The scale, via the PS2/RS-232 splitter, would put the RS-232 response directly into the text box.

Does anyone know of a comparable USB device? The program source code is not available to us so we can't modify it.

Thanks in advance,

Yosi