Schneider - altivar 71 / atv 71 - drive

ktmtragic

Hi

Can anyone help please ?? I have a Schneider Altivar 71 that I am replacing with a different drive. It has two terminals bridged LI1 and LI2 with a 24VDC connected to them. It is running Canbus 500. I am trying to work out what the logic is. The manual says forward reverse.
Thanks in advance
George

Is the drive still able to be powered up or is it dead? You can see what the inputs were configured for in the drive menu. If this drive can't be checked, is there another drive on the same system that could be looked at?

I think LI1 could only ever be run or run forward. LI2 was programmable, but by default was run reverse.

Of course, if the reference and command source were set to CANbus / comms card then the state of the physical inputs is irrelevant anyway.

I'll dig out a manual if you can get into the drive menu and and we can check a few things

I think LI2 can be stop, this may be required to be at 24v (effective N/C stop button)to run hence the stop/start have to be at 24v for it to run. Cannot remember the programming set up now but it may be this terminal can be 24v to stop or 0v to stop i.e. reverse operation.