Schneider Altivar Drives

damica1

Is anybody using these drives and collecting DATA from them?

I have a lot of these drives out in the field, all hooked to our SCADA gathering the basic information. Voltage, Amps, Hz, Condition, Status, PID-Feedback, PID-Reference.

There's so much more data that these drives have to offer, I was wondering what other user may be collecting?

Thanks

The newer ATV6xx process drives give you 32 words in the modbus TCP scanner but i still only pull back about 15 max. I read the fault code and then have a lookup table on the SCADA, that's quite handy for knowing who to send (mech or elec) if it's a remote site.

For some basic pumping applications where there is a dumb RTU only i do the PID flow or pressure control in the drive. I just read the pressure or flow out the drive into the RTU. Same with DI's for low water probes. Saves extra wiring and interposing relays.

I tried to use their built in power meter for kWhr recording but the format was challenging for the dumb RTU i had at the time. Might give that another go at some point.

There's a decent Register list available from Schneider