Schneider Electric Quantum PLC Generic Ethernet Module

ControlP

I am hoping that someone here is familiar with adding a Generic module specifically a mettle Toledo IND 131 module to a Schneider Electric Quantum PLC. I am more familiar with Rockwell software and which recognizes the scale module as an Ethernet module. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:unsure:

Ok so the mettle toledo scale will communicate Modbus TCP/IP
I am not that familiar with Modbus communications. Could someone help me with an example instruction I would use to pull scale info using a Modbus address.

Thanks

What Ethernet device do you have on the Quantum? Is it a 140 NOE or a 140 NOC? CoPro? If possible, use IOScanner. If you tell us what hardware you have, then we can tailor recommendations.

The Processor is a 140cpu65260. Tech support walked me through setting up I/0 Scanner and moving the data into %mw100 through 103. I would prefer to do this rather than using the Read_Reg_Instance. Now my question is how do I monitor those memory words. Do I need to use a GET_4x instruction or can I monitor them directly for example if I want to see if my weight that is being sent to %mw101 is equal to 500 can I use a EQ_INT instucton and tie my firs input pin to %mw101 and set my second input pin to 500?

IOScanner will be much easier to use than the explicit message blocks such as ReadReg or MSTR - no question.

The whole idea is the data is collected from the scale and placed into the memory words every time the RepRate is triggered - you would have configured that when you configured IOscanner (or left at default, which used to be around 60ms). So every RepRate period, IOscanner will ask the scale for new data.

So your current values should be in those %MW registers you described. Just compare directly those registers, no need for anything else. Some people will move them first into other locations or data structures or do conversions - all good stuff if you need to do it - but you can add enhanced functionality later.

As you move along with this, you will want to include the health bit into your logic, so that if there is a communications issue, you can use this bit to inform the logic and make decisions - like perhaps perhaps not comparing the values of what's in the register because you know it is not fresh and raising an error. Exactly what to do is dependent on the application, but once you have your base logic in place, you can add this error trapping later.

Thank you for the response.

I will stick with the I/O scanner. It is currently set for the default of 60ms. I am also monitoring the %SW160.0 according to the help this bit will be set to 1 if there is an error when this device is scanned.

Rather than using the direct address (%MW100), you would be better to create a tag and set the address of that tag to %MW100. Then you just use the tag within the program