SCL newb question. Changed name of EQ_STRNG

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm not sure where to even look for an answer on this. I googled around a little but didn't see anything that helps.

In my SCL code I have " IF (tmpString1 = tmpString2) THEN"

When i do a compile i get an error "Cannot find /copy block EQ_STRNG"

Now I know when you use the "=" it automaticlly uses the FC10 for string compare, I believe that it searches for it by name "EQ_STRNG" in the project. Our company standard is that any FC's or FB's that are general system functions must start with SYS, so the name of the FC now is "SYS_EQ_STRNG".

Is there anyway I can associate the "=" with the symbolic name "SYS_EQ_STRNG". Or will I have to call the function a different way?

Regards,
Joel

Here is my code for reference:
Code:
(*##############################################################################
################################################################################
Revision History
################################################################################
 YYYY MM DD
(2011-06-08 v0.1)   Creation of the routine.
##############################################################################*)
FUNCTION SYS_TraceArray : INT    // set up attributes that will be displayed in the 'Blocks' section
TITLE       = ''
VERSION     : '1.0'
AUTHOR      : 'JW'
NAME        : ''
FAMILY      : 'TRACE'
(*##############################################################################
Inputs -- Discrete Inputs or other Constant Values
##############################################################################*)
VAR_INPUT
          TraceNumber : STRING[10];
          Side_in    : INT;  // This is the side the trace number was welded on 1=A, 2=B
          Selection : INT;   // 1 = find this trace number, 2 = delete this trace number, 3 = add this trace number            
END_VAR

Outputs -- Discrete Outputs
VAR_OUTPUT
    Side_out   : INT;
END_VAR

Inputs Passed by References (may be modified apart from this routine)
VAR_IN_OUT
    TraceBuffer : ARRAY[1..100] OF TraceAndSide;     
END_VAR

Static Variables
VAR
    i                        : INT ;             // iterator
    Match                    : BOOL;
    Move                    : BOOL;
    tmpString1:STRING[10];
    tmpString2:STRING[10];
END_VAR

BEGIN

SYS_TraceArray := -1;
  Move := 1;
  tmpString2 := TraceNumber;

CASE Selection OF
    1:  // search for the trace number and return the Side number
        FOR i := 1 TO 100 DO  

tmpString1 :=   TraceBuffer[i].TraceNum;
            IF (tmpString1 = tmpString2) THEN             
            //IF (tmpString1 = tmpString2 ) THEN
              SYS_TraceArray := i;  
              Side_out := TraceBuffer[i].Side;      
              EXIT;
            END_IF;    

END_FOR;   

2: // find and delete this trace number, then bump the remaining items to close the gaps  

//If trace number is found clear it out        
            IF (tmpString1 = tmpString2 ) THEN
              TraceBuffer[i].TraceNum := '0000000000';
              TraceBuffer[i].Side := 0;

//After trace number is deleted close the gap by bumping up the rest of the entries
              WHILE i <= 99 AND Move DO

tmpString2 :=   TraceBuffer[i+1].TraceNum;

//If the next trace is not equal to zero bump it up
                  IF tmpString2 <> '0000000000' THEN 
                    TraceBuffer[i].TraceNum :=TraceBuffer[i+1].TraceNum;
                    TraceBuffer[i].Side :=TraceBuffer[i+1].Side;
                  //If next trace is equal to zero then zero out current trace and set Move to zero to finish loop
                  ELSE
                    Move:=0;
                  END_IF;

i:= i+1;
              END_WHILE ;

EXIT;
            END_IF;    

END_FOR;   

3: // first see if this number already exists, if it does then use this spot and just update the user Side
       // if it doesn't exist then find an empty spot and add this trace number end Side
       // if the new trace occupied position 99 then clear out the first 10 entries and shift the remaining data up  

FOR i := 1 TO 100 DO //If trace number is already in the DB update the side then exit       

IF (tmpString1 = tmpString2 ) THEN
              TraceBuffer[i].Side := Side_in;      
              EXIT;
            END_IF;    
        END_FOR;

IF SYS_TraceArray = -1 THEN   // didn't find the number in the current list so look for an empty spot to enter it

IF (tmpString1 = '0000000000' ) THEN
                  TraceBuffer[i].TraceNum := TraceNumber;
                  TraceBuffer[i].Side := Side_in;    
                  EXIT;
                END_IF;    
            END_FOR;   
        END_IF;

IF SYS_TraceArray >= 99 OR SYS_TraceArray = -1  THEN   // If number was entered in position 99 then re-organize

FOR i := 1 TO 99 DO //Move data from 11 thru 99 up 10 positions into 1 thru 89 then clear out 90 - 99

IF i<90 THEN
                    TraceBuffer[i].TraceNum :=TraceBuffer[i+10].TraceNum;
                    TraceBuffer[i].Side :=TraceBuffer[i+10].Side;
                ELSE
                END_IF;

END_FOR;

END_IF;

END_CASE;

END_FUNCTION

I am assuming I cannot change the symbolic name it automaticlly uses and will have to go the route of:
IF SYS_EQ_STRNG(S1 := tmpString1 ,tmpString2 ) THEN

Last edited:
I am assuming I cannot change the symbolic name it automaticlly uses and will have to go the route of:
IF SYS_EQ_STRNG(S1 := tmpString1 ,S2:= tmpString2 ) THEN

This is a correct assumption. NB your temp Variables in the FC you have posted are named as STAT!

Took me a little bit to figure out what NB means. Am I correct that it is a Latin acronym for "please note"?

Thanks for pointing that out. It should be:
Code:
VAR_TEMP
    i                        : INT ;             // iterator
    Match                    : BOOL;
    Move                    : BOOL;
    tmpString1:STRING[10];
    tmpString2:STRING[10];
END_VAR

I am supprised that it doesn't throw a fault for that. I copied my FC and pasted it into another project without the SCL code in it so I could view the interface window. And even tho it is a VAR since it is compiled as an FC it puts them in the TEMP area of the window.

Regards,
Joel

SCL Stat as FC.png