Searching in AOI-Logic results in "Unable to Search AOI_name - Logic

SamyFiny

Hello everyone,
We have a vendor-supplied licensed RSLogix 5000 Professional Edition, Version 20.19. The vendor-developed program came with numerous AOIs (Add On Instruction). Unfortunately, we cannot edit any of those AOI, even in offline mode. Of course we understand that AOI cannot be edited in online mode, and naturally, we cannot do it either.
More of a surprise to us is the fact that attempting to search for tags or text in any AOI, immediately displays the message in RSLogix 5000 status bar on the left-hand side "Unable to search AOI_Name - Logic:"
Furthermore, even when we try a tag name visible to us in the ladder logic editor, something we can see in the monitor screen, we get the same message "unable to search..."
I suspect that the AOI is somehow protected against "Editing or searching".
Question:
Considering that the vendor APMS (advanced processing machinery services) is not available to us anymore, is there a reasonable way to enable at least the search? The "Search" function is a powerful tool for understanding the logic at hand and missing it makes troubleshooting so hard.
Thank you in advance for your assistance and support.

You won't be able to see the logic in a protected AOI.

But AOIs cannot access tags outside of the parameters presented in the logic where they are used.

If you are trying to see how the AOI uses its internal tags, you are out of luck. That's the point of a protected AOI.