Sending Signals from Control Logix to SLC 5/05

Musbtr1pin

I need to send a signal from a Compact Logix to a SLC 5/05.

This ultimately will be a run signal that I will get from upstream communications, and the SLC will receive that signal allowing my machine to run.

What is the easiest way to go about this?

Same subnet mask..

Where the SLC5/05 is the machine controller that is looking for a permissive I would actually have the SLC5/05 do a MSG read, where the SLC reads from the CompactLogix rather than have the CompactLogix do a write message. The read message overhead is lower.

If you have a techconnect contract for keeping your Logix software current then reference technote 32228 in the AB KB for an example of how to do this. If you don't then get back and we can walk you through it.

Last edited: