Setting up an OPC server (RSLinx) in the galaxy

NathBarreiros

Hey everyone!.

I would like to know how to use a third-party data server other than Wonderware, such as RSLinx server to integrate it into the galaxy application server, I know that when using third-party servers I should use OPC instead from DDE / SuiteLink.

Thanks in advance.

Nath: Normally you have to install Rslinx server as an OPC Server, I have not use galaxy server but i guess it must be the same.
Beware of Rslinx there are several versions, the one that is free has no OPC.

Yes, Widelto what you mention is correct, however there must be configurations to do since as it is seem in the capture 1 my data server is deployed in the galaxy, but it happens that the object is not managing the data server, so in the Object Viewer I changed the reconnect attribute but there is no change in the connection status and since I have the data server active, the emulated PLC is running and everything (by the way, I am emulating a PLC with the SLC500 driver (DH485 )), but it does not accept that the DataServer_L1 object manages the RSLinx server. So I can't communicate the HMI with the galaxy either, in short, the data server is not connected and I have no data, so I assume it must be something regarding the RSLinx server and its configuration.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/attachment.php?attachmentid=57169&stc=1&d=1612363530

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/attachment.php?attachmentid=57170&stc=1&d=1612363530

Capt1.JPG Capt2.JPG