SEW Movimot Devicenet

Holmux

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All

I got this new project where the customer has around 200 SEW Movimot gear motors, where the actual drive is attached to the motor.

All the drives are new and will probably be divided into groups of 10 motors/drives, the drives are profinet with safety (I think this is on a separate com)

My PLC is a S7-1515F-2 PN, using TIA v15.1

I have used a few days getting as much info together as possible, like the TIA v14 sample SEW have on their webpages + a ton of reading stuff.

I was hoping someone had a trick to addressing these drives, is this a two-man job with 2-way radios and HW-Identifier?
(The drives are on different levels in the building)

Do I stick to the IO-Address or do I give the drives an IP-address?

The function block they use in there example is called: DS47_Param_SCL which I have been playing with, I will get setup with a test motor next week.

Any good advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks