SEW MOVIMOT control with ControlLogix 5000

I've not used that exact configuration, but I do a lot with SEW equipment and Logix PLC's via ethernet. SEW is quite good in that all their equipment is set up more or less the same way, with the same data structure and software, so I can't imagine it would be too different to the ones I've dealt with.

You'll need the SEW MotionStudio software (free download), and then it's just a matter of adding the device to your ethernet tree and extracting the data from your PD words. Generally the EIP assembly instance numbers and data structures are well documented in the manual for the device.

I'm actually quite close by to you, so if you need some on-site support drop me a PM and I'll get in touch.

Hi ASF,

Thank you for your reply. I'm trying to figure out the words and their meaning now. I'll let you know how it goes.
I haven't got the MOVIMOTS with me at the moment so I'm trying to set up the PLC software bit of the project.

Cheers.

Last edited: