Shihlin PLC

Perhaps start a new thread:
It does appear that it is likely to be either a re-badged Mitsubishi or made by them using the same components & firmware as the Mitsubishi so probably GX Developer will talk to it, however, you will need a 232 or USB to 422 converter the correct cable is an SC09 (assuming it has a 8 pin mini din socket) there are plenty of cloned cables out there.

Need to knw what cable this will require
thanks

IMG_20230716_153324_01(1).jpg

Mitsubishi SC09 cable has a 25 pin connector with an adapter to 8 pin mini din however, looking at that connector it does not look like a 25 pin din type.
It is almost certain a clone of the A1 series but as a brick type rather than the A1 slot type. TBH it looks like an FX but perhaps A1 firmware.
Just searched it & it is apparently the equivelent of the F series Mitsubishi & requires an SC02 cable

Last edited:
Mitsubishi SC09 cable has a 25 pin connector with an adapter to 8 pin mini din however, looking at that connector it does not look like a 25 pin din type.
It is almost certain a clone of the A1 series but as a brick type rather than the A1 slot type. TBH it looks like an FX but perhaps A1 firmware.

Does anyone have a Manual for this ?

need to know if battery light on is good or bad ?

Well on the A series & FX the battery light is off if ok or on if low/faulty.
however, it appears that PLC has an eprom so should not loose the program but it is well old & very little information is now available.

It definitely has a flat battery, It will depend if the program is stored on the eprom or not, looking at it with the battery light on & the error light blinking it does sound like the program is lost or corrupted might be worth changing the battery, probably can't get the correct one but get a 3.2v (or what ever it is) lithium one & solder the wires onto it (leave PLC powered up & replace it with the new battery not a problem done it many times ) But don't hold your hopes up, could be just a simple problem where a D memory held some value but has lost it due to battery failure perhaps a divide by zero error but on a samall system like that it is unlikely.
Once battery has been replaced try powering down & back up.

It definitely has a flat battery, It will depend if the program is stored on the eprom or not, looking at it with the battery light on & the error light blinking it does sound like the program is lost or corrupted might be worth changing the battery, probably can't get the correct one but get a 3.2v (or what ever it is) lithium one & solder the wires onto it (leave PLC powered up & replace it with the new battery not a problem done it many times ) But don't hold your hopes up, could be just a simple problem where a D memory held some value but has lost it due to battery failure perhaps a divide by zero error but on a samall system like that it is unlikely.
Once battery has been replaced try powering down & back up.

Thanks
I have a 3.6 volt and will try this tonight
thanks