Siemens DP DP Coupler information needed

sujithwins

Hi,

I am using a DP DP coupler (as slave) between two ABB controllers (Masters).
During configuration:
In Master 1 the first module is 32 bytes read and in Master 2 the first two module is 16 bytes write.
When tested data transfer seemed to be working good.
But when we Remove the profibus plug for Mater1 and put it back the unit does not start communicating on its own, changing the termination resistor status or taking off the power makes it work again.
Any help would be appreciable

I can't actually help here, but I think the title of your post is misleading.
It really shouldn't be "Siemens DP DP Coupler information needed" but "ABB Profibus Master information needed". Unfortunately I have zero knowledge of ABB DP Masters.

On any DP network the master controls everything that happens. The slaves just do what they're told. If this system isn't doing what you expect you need to check what the masters are doing, not the slave.

The Siemens DP-DP Coupler is one of the simplest and least troublesome DP slaves I have ever encountered. It just does what it says on the tin.

The information that i need on DP DP is,Can we have 2 blocks of 16 bytes (boolean signals) in Master 2 writing data into 1 block of 32 byte in Master 1 (boolean signals), Does DP DP support this type of setting??

Last edited: