Siemens S7 DP/DP Coupler

r_coakley

I am currently doing a college final year project. What i had to do was to control multiple networks via profibus from the one master station.
The cpu is 315-2dp and the slave modular units were et200m's. I got all this going and was able to control multiple seperate instrument rigs we have here in the lab from the one station via profibus. They were linked up in a daisy chaining pattern.

My problem now is that i was asked to monitor it using deltav. I bought a dp/dp coupler wired it in and installed only recently. Im afraid however that im up the preverbial without a paddle or boat at this stage. This needs to be completed for the project and ive had very little exposure to this software and the supervisor hasnt had any dealings with profibus , dp couplers so im pretty much on my own.

The dil switches for the addr are set to off. I put in the addresses with the switches and matched the addresses when setting up in HW Config. My problem is that i have pretty much no idea what to insert into the slots and 8 byte consistent, 64 bytee consistent ? All i need to send is two analog values and two digital values. In the ladder logic i really dont understand how to fill in for dp rad or dp write. I know that the addresses have to be changed to hex but other than that im stumped.

Below is some screen shots. Any help would be hugely appreciated as this is very important and im currently under time constraints.

Regards
Ruaidhri

The DP/DP coupler is thought to be a gateway between 2 DP masters. Is this what you want to do? If yes, you should search this forum for "DP Coupler", the coupler setup is discussed several times.

Kalle

Yes it is for a siemens plc (master) to a deltav (master). I know the general theory behind it but have small experience with plc'c. Im looking through them at the moment but really need a step by step guide and cant find one.

Thank you

My problem is that i have pretty much no idea what to insert into the slots and 8 byte consistent, 64 bytee consistent ? All i need to send is two analog values and two digital values.
Regards
Ruaidhri

Are the analog values INT, FLOAT, DINT?

I would start with checking what options you have in the DeltaV, and adapt the settings in Step7.

Kalle

Are the analog values INT, FLOAT, DINT?

I would start with checking what options you have in the DeltaV, and adapt the settings in Step7.

Kalle

I always presumed the analog values were floating and then changed to integers. Thank you for the links i have already favourited the two of them (y)

My problem is basically im a noob that needs to do something kind of complicated and alot of the threads are asking about problems where the set up from scratch (where im stuck) has already been carried and its another form of problem.

Even now im trying two different projects where the dp couple is set to dpv0 and dpv1 slave because im unsure which to use.

Thanks for the reply. That has mostly overview of profibus which i understand. Its the actual set up i cant finish in the software. I think it is configured and set up correctly and it is just the writing the information to the coupler that i am now struggling on.

My question is this, do i use move blocks to move all my information to the i address's of network 1. Do i then need to move to to q addresses of network 1. Move it then to i addresses of network 2 and move i to q address's in network two.
OR
once i move my information to the I address in network 1 (plc side of coupler) does the coupler do the rest and send it to the out put address of network 2 (deltav side of coupler).

Do i need to assign memory's for all of them. It is moving the information from the plc's to the coupler that i am stuck on.

Regards
Ruaidhri

I only have one coupler however i thought one of them is addresses to my network 1 on the card and the other one is addressed to network two on the card. Is this correct ?

I will not be able to get more clear shots until monday of the addresses i have used. I have filled out the slots for the dp coupler the same as this however, http://cache.automation.siemens.com...019_FAQ/DP_dpdp_Koppler_16byte8worte_01_e.gif

Thank you very much for your help. As soon as i can ill post up the address's of everything more clearly.

Regards,
Ruaidhri

I only have one coupler however i thought one of them is addresses to my network 1 on the card and the other one is addressed to network two on the card. Is this correct ?

I don't catch the full meaning here. If you have one coupler, it should only occur once in your hw-config.
So my answer is 'it is not correct'.

I will not be able to get more clear shots until monday of the addresses i have used. I have filled out the slots for the dp coupler the same as this however, http://cache.automation.siemens.com...019_FAQ/DP_dpdp_Koppler_16byte8worte_01_e.gif

This example apperantly shows the same DP-coupler parametrized in 2 different plc's. One picture from each plc/hwmanager. You can see how the inputs and outputs correspond. If the 'Project 1' were yours, you would have to call the DP read function twice (slot 1 and slot 2) and the DP write function once (slot 5). The IOs in slot 3 and 4 could all be treated with L / T. (NB! I have no Step7 on this PC, so my advice is based on that the DP IDs for slot 3 and 4 is byte consistant - please check this).

I have no clue about DeltaV and how granulated you can set up a DP slave (the coupler) there. I would have checked out that first.

Kalle

I don't catch the full meaning here. If you have one coupler, it should only occur once in your hw-config.
So my answer is 'it is not correct'.

Im after making a big boo boo. In the manual it goes through how to set it up in configure and then says complete network 2 the same. I presumed it meant network 2 on the dp coupler not network 2 as in the other master network i wanted to communicate with. I showed the above picture of my hardware configuration to an awful lot of people telling them it was communciation between deltav and siemens and was it right to have two dp coupler on the profibus network for one coupler and they all said it was ok o_O o_O !

OK made some progress or was atleat starting to. I inserted 1 byte output into one of the slots and was assigned address q2. Assigned Q2.0 QB100 and in ladder logic set it up to a switch so i could put 1 or 0 into this address.

Inside in monitor/modify in HWConfig for this i was able to see that the values were changing. (This felt like a huge leap forward)

I then used my deltav system and matched it to the address on the dp coupler, matched the baud rate etc and other relevant things so i could hopefully see an output.

I then ran the two of them together and looked again in monitor/modify. As soon as i turned my siemens cpu to run i could see through monitor that the programme was being stopped nearly straight away and my bf1 light is flashing very quickly.

My baud rates and addresses are correctly set so i am uncertain how to proceed from here.

Ruaidhri