Siemens fail-safe not selectable in TIA selection tool

spaderkung

After updating TIA selection tool I was notified that my PLC was now under "predecessor". It was not valid if the "fail-safe" operation was selected, but valid otherwise. I can't find any information in industry mall, both models are in the middle of life cycle.

CPU 1513F-1 PN, 900KB Prog., 2,5MB data 6ES7513-1FM03-0AB0 – Allowed for fail-safe acc to recent update of selection tool
CPU 1513F-1 PN, 450KB Prog., 1,5MB data 6ES7513-1FL02-0AB0 – Not allowed

I'm reaching out to Siemens, but perhaps this is faster :)

It sounds like there has been a change in the specifications or requirements for the two PLC models you are using, based on the recent update to the TIA selection tool. The change is likely related to the ability of the PLCs to perform "fail-safe" operations, which are critical for many industrial applications.

The 6ES7513-1FM03-0AB0 model is now listed as being allowed for "fail-safe" operations, while the 6ES7513-1FL02-0AB0 model is not. This difference may be due to differences in the processing power, memory, or other hardware specifications of the two PLC models.

It's important to understand the implications of these changes and to ensure that your PLC systems meet the necessary requirements for your applications. If the 6ES7513-1FL02-0AB0 model is no longer suitable for your needs, you may need to consider upgrading to the 6ES7513-1FM03-0AB0 model or a different PLC that meets the required specifications.

Is it part of the model changes with the v18 launch? I've just tried loading up that CPU in v16 and there was no issue going straight into the failsafe program.

Why not create a project with one in it. Using TIA V17 6ES7513-1FL02-0AB0 can be selected as fail safe operation.