Siemens FB41 Anti Windup

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
If I enable INT_Hold when QLMN_HLM or QLMN_LLM are on would this freeze the integrator and prevent the windup of the integrator?

As I see it this would freeze the integrator value if at the high or low limit

Cheers

Yes you are right!

Here's a quote from the description:
INTEGRAL ACTION HOLD
The output of the integrator can be “frozen” by setting the input “integral action hold”.

Can't remember I ever have had problems with windup on this module. What you suggest is probably already built-in

Here's a quote from the manual for modular PID from big S.
Note that it is a different FB than yours FB41.

I Action
The integral action can be activated and deactivated with the I_SEL switch. When
it is deactivated, the I action and the internal memory of the integrator are set to
zero. The I action can be frozen with INT_HOLD. The reset time is determined by
the reset time constant TI. You can also assign your own value for the integrator.
The value at input I_ITLVAL is transferred to the integrator via the I_ITL_ON
switch. If the manipulated value is limited, the I action remains at the old value (anti
reset wind-up)

Kalle