Siemens Logo Fbd help please.

Pablox

Hi,
I include a simple program, where an an analogue input switches on Pump 1 and if needed a higher analogue level switches on pump 2.
Works fine, but am curious, if I wanted to alternate the two pumps, what's the best way to do it ?
i.e if the sump level fill is slow then pump 1 would always run and wear out, so alternating the low/high pump would keep both pumps running equal time.

Thanks

Thanks again m8, but maybe I don't understand.
Your version seems to do the same as mine.
In both versions Pump 1 starts first with the low analogue signal, then if the level continues to rise pump 2 starts.
What I need is the next time for the low analogue signal to switch Pump 2 first, then as the level continues to rise pump 1 starts
i.e alternate the pump order with each operation.

Last edited:
There's a ton of discussion on alternator logic on this forum. You basically need to create a flip-flop. Then use this to enable the pumps - 1st, pump 'A' is primary, then pump 'B' is primary.

@osmanmom.
Thanks, I will have a look later.

@danatomega.
Thanks too, but your post just repeats what I asked.
I know it's a flip flop or toggle or alternator and as I said, I want to alternate pumps i.e make 1st pump primary then second pump primary the next time.
My question is does anyone know what's the best way to achieve this using FBD on a Siemens Logo.