Siemens Logo to Compact Logix Device

LSPort

Looking for feasibility and ideas on how best to pull some signals from a Siemens 6EDI 052 IMD00 0BA6.
My facility is 80% Rockwell based, a small panel controller a boiler package was installed via a Siemens Logo.
I am looking to pull valve positioner signal and feedback from T/C or PT100
into my FTView SE scada from the LOGO.
I currently have no LOGO software or leads, so don't know what it's protocol is etc.
I am not adverse to fitting a L18ER-BB1B near by if required, but the last time i touched siemens it was S5 with a CRT programmer, so a little behind by now

the logo does look remarkably similar the AB-PICO
Any tips or practical experience you can share would be excellent.

Are you sure it's 0BA6, that is a discontinues product. The version 6 is pretty old, the newer 0BA8 has been around several years and has Modbus TCP capabilities. If you have 0BA6 you can't communicate with it at all. If you have 0BA8 you'll have an RJ45 port that can do Modbus TCP
/Tim

Thanks for the reply,
Unfortunately,
It appears to be an OBA6 with some kind of expansion module attached. So back to the drawing board

IMG-20220223-WA0000.jpg

Hi,

As /Tim mentioned, this version of Logo! has no communication possibility's
You also need a special cable to make a connection with a PC to upload/download the program code.
The software for programming ( LOGO!Soft comfort) looks no way near the old S5 program is, in my opinion, very user friendly. ( at least much more then Step5 / Step7)
The latest versions supports Modbus TCP ( both server and client) so are fare more versatile.
The add on module is 4 digital inputs and 4 digital relay outputs, but unfortunately not compatible with the newest LOGO!8 versions.
So it must be possible to find someone with the right equipment to upload the code from the LOGO!6, and load it into a LOGO!8.
Then add the Modbus option with the signals you want to monitor.

Greetings
John.

My facility is 80% Rockwell based, a small panel controller a boiler package was installed via a Siemens Logo.

If you have a RA PLC in the area you may consider replacing the LOGO with a Point I/O or some other remote I/O and let the other PLC run it?

Thanks everyone for the excellent feedback.
I have a couple of talking points to raise with the systems supplier. I have located another panel which may contain a another logo which appears to part of the same system.
This is what happens when someone else in the organisation just lands a project in your backyard without adherence to our own specs...